#30thAnniversary – Tim Dog “Penicillin on Wax”

Tim Dog’s first project, released in 1991 on Ruffhouse Records, is probably the hardest Hip Hop album ever created, plain and simple. 80% of the record is a continual scathing diss to the west coast hip hop scene, more specifically directed to the members of NWA or the city of Compton (The title of the first single is “Fuck Compton”!), while the other 20% contains some of the nastiest tracks ever put on wax. Since Tim was affiliated with the renowned Ultramagnetic MCs crew, in-house producers Ced-Gee, TR Love and Moe Love take care of most of the beats while Kool Keith appears on two tracks.

Stream the album on your favorite platform, discover a couple of remixes, watch the videos, live performance and interviews below.

Full Album on YouTube:

Stream on Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer and Tidal.

Playlist with the videos:

  • Fuck Compton
  • Step To Me
  • Bronx Nigga

Playlist with remixes and versions:

  • Bronx Nigga (The Blue Note Mix)
  • Bronx Nigga (DJ Shame Remix)
  • Step To Me (Extended Version)
  • Forget Compton (Radio Mix)

Playlist with live performance and interviews:


Discover more from Brooklyn Radio

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading