Music producers can succeed or fail based on the gear they use to crank out beats. However, you might not always have time to sit down in the studio and tinker with a new track. For music producers that are constantly traveling from town to town getting ready for their next gig, a next-level laptop is an absolute must-have. In this post, we’ll cover the year’s best laptops that are ready for any work that you want to put in while on the move. Check it out.
5. HP Spectre Folio 13
For those who are interested in the best 2 in 1 laptops, this HP workstation is an excellent edition. While it can be used in laptop orientation, it can be folded back to be used as a touch-screen tablet. This makes it perfect for when you need to switch it up a bit and get a new view on your track. In addition to its convertible capacity, the Spectre Folio 13 comes equipped with bomb features:
- Intel Core i7-8500 processor that just won’t quit
- Integrated: Intel UHD Graphic 615 card so your video production is just as epic as your sound
- 256 gig solid state drive that runs like a dream
- 8 gigs of ram so even the heaviest software won’t bog it down
If you love the idea of a versatile production station, then you’ll love the next entry on our list.
4. Microsoft Surface Pro X
Microsoft is a long-trusted name in the laptop industry, and this latest edition of its Surface line is an absolute beast when it comes to tech specs. It’s also a 2 in 1, so you can swap back and forth between laptop and tablet modes seamlessly. In addition to that, it’s display is bright, clear, and touch-responsive for a natural and intuitive user experience. It comes loaded with killer specs, too:
- Your choice of 8 or 16 gigs of RAM for lightning quick browsing and production
- Your choice of 128, 256, or 512 gigs of storage so you don’t have to worry about keeping all your beats in one place
- 2 USB-C ports so you can stay connected
- Bluetooth enabled so you can connect to your favorite production-ready headphones
If tablet-laptops aren’t exactly your style, don’t sweat. The next entry on the list is an all-time classic standby.
3. MacBook Pro
This laptop packs a punch. The MacBook line has long been a favorite of everyone from college students to professionals, but the newest edition of the Pro series really knocks it out of the park. For those who love having maxed-out power in their work station, this laptop has everything you need. Don’t be shy about running your top-grade production software on this behemoth; with its top of the line processor it will handle it like nothing. The newest edition of the MacBook Pro comes equipped with:
- Up to 8 terabytes of storage, so you pretty much could never fill it up in a lifetime of use
- An AMD Radeon Pro graphics card with 4 gigs of dedicated memory, making video production instant
- A baseline of 16 gigs of RAM, with the option to upgrade to up to 64 gigs – unreal
- A 16-inch Retina display with resolution that’s realer than real life
The MacBook pro is an impressive entry in this list, but hey, not everyone’s a Mac fan. Check out the next two editions for some serious production firepower.
2. Dell Precision 7730
Those who want a reliable workhorse with all the ports you could ever desire, a massive 17-inch display, and VR and AI readiness will love the latest from Dell. The Precision 7730 brings all the horsepower you could want, plus it’s lighter and more portable than previous editions. It comes equipped with:
- Up to a terabyte memory hard drive for all the storage you could ever need
- 32 gigs of RAM for rapid-speed software use
- NVIDIA Quadro professional graphics card
- Tons of ports, like HDMI, USB, and 3mm headphone jack so all your gear is ready to be plugged in
The Precision 7730 is epic, but it’s not the best. This brings us to number 1 on our list…
1. ThinkPad P Series Mobile Workstation
The Lenovo ThinkPad is a trusted stand-by for professionals from all areas. Whether you’re crunching massive data sets, modeling molecules, or busting out some serious beats, Lenovo has you covered with its long-revered laptop line. These computers arrive ready to put in work. The P1 Gen 2 come stacked with:
- 32 gigs of DDR4 RAM
- 1 whopping 1 terabyte solid state drive
- NVIDIA Quadro 4GB graphics card
- Fingerprint reader for max security
Those are our picks – share and let us know what your must-have producer laptops are!