San Francisco resident and world-renowned DJ/producer J Boogie continues to challenge the boundaries of the music world across genres, styles, languages and borders throughout his 20-year career. This truly unique artist speaks to his listeners through a diverse musical language he created integrating techniques and musical genres including downtempo, dub, hip–hop, soul, reggae, funk, African, Latin, bhangra, dancehall, disco, electro, bass, tropical, dubstep and house. Constantly revolutionizing the game, creating new sounds, and always keeping fans on their feet, J-Boogie continues to lift music to its full potential through his distinct approach and one-of-a-kind style.
He’s delivered his masterful mix of culture, soul, rhythm and beats both at home in the Bay Area through his award-winning radio program “Beatsauce” on KUSF, and around the globe spinning DJ sets in countries like Colombia, India, Japan, and Spain. J-Boogie’s local success has earned him awards such as “SF’s Best Club DJ” by SF Weekly, “SF’s Best Radio & Club DJ” by citysearch.com and “Best Hip–Hop Radio Show” by SF Bay Guardian. His global success has earned him acclaim and opportunities worldwide, including spots on radio and television both here and abroad, sportswear sponsorships, and the opportunity to DJ the Tokyo Dome for an NFL football game.
J Boogie is behind the wheel of the Beatsauce show here on Brooklyn Radio:
- J Boogie – Winter Chill
- JBoogie – Vintage Diversity: A Tribute to Donald Byrd
- Beatsauce – Jazztronic Boogie 2
- Beatsauce – Night Moves: 001 (J Boogie)
- Beatsauce – Tropi Dub (J Boogie)
- Beatsauce – Jazztronic Boogie (DJ Chicken George & J Boogie)
- Beatsauce – Night Fever live in ATX (J Boogie)
- J Boogie – Fireside Sessions
- Beatsauce – Disco Science (J Boogie)
- Beatsauce – Electro Caribe (J Boogie)
- Beatsauce – Disco 45 mix (J Boogie)