Adnana Sun’s “Enough” mix revolves around several bad experiences she’s had as a DJ in her area. She uses the mix as a statement to say “enough is enough” to the politics that stop her from pushing good music to her community. Hidenori Koga provides cover art reflecting the theme of the mix, with a selection of music from 90’s MC, Ran Reed to Russia based producer, Planet Ragtime.
Adnana Sun is a Bucharest, Romania based DJ and Radio Show Host. Born (Peia Alexandra) in June of 1988, Adnana grew up in the Resita area where electronic music festivals are often held. As a young girl she had always been in search of great new music on formats ranging from cassettes to CDs and vinyl. On her quest to explore new sounds, she would record mixtapes from shows heard on the radio, sharing multi-genre music with friends. She started honing her own song selection skills by playing around with CDJ’s, digital mixing tools and turntables. Her background in multiple genres had meant she would look for numerous Soul, Hip Hop, Dub, Reggae and Drum and Bass records to play in sets.
She got to play to her first live audience in 2011 at the Soundsphere Party Event. From there she went on to host a show on the “Groove On” online radio station. With alot of effort and focus, she found herself playing at various venues around Bucharest, with complimentary Podcast releases made for the online radio format. She is currently the Co-Founder of “On the Vibe Side” online radio station, where she is able to promote fresh and unheard talent from the Global Beat and Hip Hop scenes. Her shows jump between Jazz, Soul, Hip Hop and Instrumental influenced music.
1. Ill Biskits – Place to be
2. Illy Funkstas – Bloodshed & war
3. Planet Ragtime & Smuff Tha Quiz – The Rhythm
4. Heather B – What Goes On
5. Lost Boyz – Jeeps, Lex Coups, Bimas & Benz
6. Dilated Peoples – Confidence
7. Third Degree – Better Days
8. Dj Desue – Basics
9. Ran Reed – Enough
10. Walkin Large – Who will go down
11. Nautilus – Smooth with mine
12. Madlib and Kazi – AVERAGE
13. Awon & Phoniks – Midas Touch
14. King Geedorah – Impressions
15. Propoí 88 & Self – Thatís How The Game Go
16. Jigmastas – Beyong Real
17. Ill Mentality – So Amazing
18. Dash – Funkydope
19. Cypress Hill – Hand on the pump
20. A.D.O.R. – From the concrete
21. Al & Ted Experience – Boom this in your vehicle