Stones Throw just keeps bringing heat. While they will always be known as hip-hop’s finest independent record label, thanks to people like Madlib, Doom and Dilla, label head Peanut Butter Wolf often ventures out in to disco, psych and electro territory.
One of his newest signings is Chrome Canyon, the solo project from NYC artist Morgan Z. Chrome Canyon creates cinematic instrumental tracks powered by analogue synths, live drums, bass, and guitar, all run through his hand-built compressors. Think Vangelis’ Blade Runner score, Wendy Carlos via Tron, and Giorgio Moroder’s work on Cat People. Get a taste of his sound with this hot take on Tame Impala’s Feels Like We Only Go Backwards.
Today Chrome Canyon released the Elemental Remixes album that includes top notch remixes of “Elemental Themes” from artists like Matthewdavid, Peaking Lights, Tomas Barfod, Mike Simonetti and Airbird among others.
More info on stonesthrow.com
1. Branches (Gavin Russom remix)
2. Branches (Airbird vocal mix)
3. Generations (Chateau Marmont remix)
4. Generations (Freak You remix)
5. Memories of a Scientist (ATTAR! remix)
6. Memories of a Scientist (Saarid remix)
7. Memories of a Scientist (Matthewdavid remix)
8. Car Fire (Tomas Barfod remix)
9. Car Fire on the Highway (Eclectic Method remix)
10. Chasing The Dead (Mike Simonetti remix)
11. Chasing The Dead (Peaking Lights remix)